Friday, June 1, 2012

Tchau Cabo Verde, Guten Tag Austria!

The Ralles Family in Vienna by mralles
The Ralles Family in Vienna, a photo by mralles on Flickr.
Well, since I last posted, Mike and I had a baby, said goodbye to our beloved first post of Praia, Cape Verde, spent a whirlwind nearly three months in the United States and moved all of our belongings, including our precious cargo of Jack and Strela to the capital city of Austria, Vienna. Phew.

Now that we are (mostly) settled into our new home, I’d like to at least pretend that I am going to start blogging again. While this tour may not have the quirks and interesting side stories of Cape Verde, there is so much to do and see to keep us adventurers very busy.

We have been in Vienna just over two months now and love it so far. Mike thinks this is the most urban neighborhood we have ever called home, as we are fortunate to live in the city center, close to amazing sights, restaurants and shopping! I may need to get a job, either to keep me from shopping or be able to afford to do so. ☺ But I am not getting a job just yet, so Baby Jack and I explore the city, take a Music Together class on Monday mornings, and join a couple playgroups (really so Mommy can make some friends!).

If you want to SEE what we have been up to, check out our Flickr site. www.flickr.com/mralles. I try to upload pictures monthly, but we also post random pics on the go from our working cell phones!

Excited to be on a new adventure, and excited to be back to blogging. Everyone keeps telling us that now that we are in Europe, we will get tons of visitors. They are about as flabbergasted that we had 20 visitors to CV as they are that we liked it there. Check out our visitor list and poll.

Auf Wiedersehen for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment